Monday, September 15, 2008

FYI

So I walk into the Obama office to open it up for the week. I'm supposed to be here by nine. I'm early. Three things happen before I'm actually supposed to be at work.

1. I almost lock the janitor out of the office by accident. I apologize in English. She only speaks Spanish. Hilarious over-exaggerated sentiments of mutual understanding erupt from both of us.

2. Sorry, lady, I don't have any fucking yard signs. And don't lie to me and tell me that someone from this office said you had them. No one from this office said that. Comical paintings of Barack Obama as a Mexican Wrestler? We have those (and no, you can't have one), but no yard signs.

3. Holy Shit! There's a half-full keg of Schlafly beer in the back office! And nobody else is going to be in until noon.

BRING ME ICE AND YOU CAN HAVE FREE BEER.

1 comment:

Madelyn Boyne said...

For future reference:
"Lo siento"

Loh sea-EN-toh.

=

I'm sorry.

[P.S. You're welcome.]