Thursday, June 26, 2008

Added to my Amazon Wishlist

Eight hundred minutes of George Carlin. - By Joshua David Mann - Slate Magazine: "The future scholar of comedy who sets out to publish The Complete Works of George Carlin had better be prepared for a multimedia endeavor. A truly comprehensive collection of the comedian's work would have to include his Grammy Award-winning albums, his best-selling books, and a transcript of his argument before the Supreme Court in defense of his immortal 'Seven Words' routine. In the meantime, mourners of Carlin, who died of heart failure earlier this week, can make do with the recently released George Carlin: All My Stuff. The retrospective box set, weighing in at more than 800 minutes of material, is comprised of 12 HBO specials, beginning with a 1977 performance at USC and ending with 2005's Life Is Worth Losing."
I haven't seen much of the older stuff, but I think You Are All Diseased is my favorite.

No comments: